The Mansion House was the original home of the Lord Mayor of Cork. The building dates from 1767 and was designed by Davis Ducart. The stuccoed ceilings are by Patrick Osborne of Waterford.
This project dealt with the stairs and circulation areas, which had been taken over for use as offices and waiting areas. A programme of research and recording was carried out. Following this a strategy was adopted to remove additions that had occurred to the building in recent decades.
Conservation works were carried out to the floor, stairs, balustrades, wall panelling, walls and ceiling. A very significant aspect of the works was the removal and re-organisation of services and the installation of new lighting design proposals.